NamIGF 2018 Public Call for Issues
The 2018 Namibia Internet Governance Forum (NamIGF) Working Group hereby issues a Public Call for Issues to be discussed at the 2018 Forum, scheduled for 06 November 2018.
As a multistakeholder body, it is very important that the NamIGF is responsive and in-tune with the dynamics of our local context. It is thus our responsibility to ensure that citizens have a say in what issues are discussed at the Forum.
About the NamIGF:
The NamIGF is an annual event, mandated to -
• Discuss public policy issues related to key elements of Internet Governance (IG) in order to foster the sustainabil-ity, robustness, security, stability and development of the Internet in Namibia;
• Facilitate the exchange of information and best practices, and make full use of the expertise of the academic, me-dia, human rights and free expression, legal, public as well as the information and communication technology (ICT) sectors;
• Make recommendations on how to accelerate the availability and affordability of the Internet in Namibia;
• Identify, highlight and discuss emerging IG issues with stakeholders and the general public, and where appropri-ate, make recommendations;
• Build the capacity of stakeholders on IG, fully drawing on local, continental and international sources of knowledge and expertise;
• Facilitate solution and consensus building on IG issues that are of particular concern to end-users;
• Publish its proceedings.
How to submit your Issue:
• Please note that issue submissions should be a maximum of 500 characters and should not be in bullet point form.
• The call for issues is open to everyone living and working in Namibia.
• Please e-mail your suggestion to: [email protected]
Please also add the following details:
• Your name & surname
• The region you are based in
• Your age
• Your gender
Issue Selection Process:
• The NamIGF 2018 Working Group will review the public’s suggestions in terms of their relevance to the Namibian context.
• The Working Group will identify the suggested issues that best suit a thematic approach for 2018.
• A Public Call for Workshops, based on the chosen thematic approach, will be issued thereafter.
This Public Call is available on our website: https://namibia.intgovforum.org
Facebook: Namibia Internet Governance Forum
Closing date: Friday, 24 August 2018